Job Title: Fundraising and Communication Director
Reports to: Resources Director MSF Greece
Department: Fundraising & Communication
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical and humanitarian action-driven organisation that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. The MSF movement is built around 5 operational centers (OC) supported by 23 sections and offices worldwide.
MSF section in Greece was founded as an Association in 1990 and is a partner of MSF Spain within the OCBA (Operational Centre in Barcelona) network. The MSF office in Greece is responsible for the recruitment of expatriate personnel for the missions, communication and fundraising activities, and program support to the operations.
The main objective of this position is to define the communication and fundraising strategies aiming at anchoring MSF and its’ values in the Greek society and obtaining, ethically and efficiently, the necessary predictable, diversified, stable and unrestricted private support and financial means to allow MSF to perform its social mission.
The Fundraising and Communication Director reports directly to MSF Greece Resources Director, and s/he is a member of MSF Greece’s Management Team.
- Ensures that MSF is clearly and transparently presented to the public, media, donors, potential field workers, MSF staff and other key stakeholders through traditional and new media, public events and MSF Greece publications.
- Ensures that awareness of MSF’s activities, our humanitarian concerns and “temoignage” is raised in key target audiences in Greece and Region in collaboration with the MSF International communication network.
- Ensures that MSF Greece’s brand identity is safeguarded and that all external communications materials and activities are representative of MSF’s mandate and image.
- Develops and leads the implementation of a Communication strategy to promote the strategic objectives of MSF GR, as prioritized in the strategic plan.
- Develops and leads the implementation of the Fundraising Strategy to ensure long term organizational sustainability through steady growth of regular donors’ base and income, as well as to identify opportunities to meet short and medium term fundraising needs.
- Leads, inspires and manages the 12 -member team of the department.
- Responsible for the FR & Comms annual budget preparation, implementation and follow up to guarantee the efficient use of the available resources.
- Oversees, coordinates and contributes to the development of coherent and regular reporting system
- Responsible for the representation of the organization to the Media, external and internal events.
- Oversees the development and proper implementation of the CRM system.
- Attends international platforms and meetings and contributes to strategic discussions within the MSF movement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field such as Communication, Marketing, Business Administration, Political Science or other equivalent bachelor’s degrees.
- Previous experience in relevant position in an NGO with more than 5 years professional experience in communication and/or fundraising.
- In-depth knowledge of the function of NGOs.
- Fluent in English and Greek.
- International working experience will be considered an asset.
- Masters or postgraduate degree in Communication/Business Administration.
- HQ or Field experience with MSF or other humanitarian organisations.
- Commitment with MSF Principles
- Strategic Vision
- Result and quality-oriented
- Initiative and Innovation
- People’s management and development
- Team work and collaboration
- Intercultural awareness
- Stress management
- Position based in the Médecins Sans Frontières- Athens Headquarters
- Full time position.
- Annual gross salary: Based on MSF Salary Grid plus secondary benefits
- Starting date: as soon as possible
Please submit your CV and Motivation Letter in English under the reference “FR & Comms Dir” by email to: Recruitment.ATH@athens.msf.org
Closing Date: 20th of November
Only applications with CV and Motivation Letter will be considered.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.