Title of the position: Medical Activity Manager
Project: Rehabilitation of migrant survivors of violence
Mission: ATHENS, GREECE
Duration: Initial contract for 3 month. Looking for at least 12 months commitment.
Working hours: Full-Time (5 days a week)
Background of the Project
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) has been providing medical and humanitarian assistance to migrants and refugees worldwide.
Since October 2014 MSF provides support to migrants and refugees who have suffered torture and other forms of ill-treatment. Our aim is to offer integrated rehabilitation services, including medical care, physiotherapy, mental health and social support to survivors of torture and ill-treatment.
Main Purpose of the Position
Ensure the proper functioning of the medical activities under his/her responsibility, defining and implementing MSF policies, protocols and procedures as well as international good practices for the rehabilitation of torture victims, and guaranteeing the quality of provided healthcare. Ensure that medical activities are implemented in line with the comprehensive rehabilitation targets set by the interdisciplinary team of professionals (MSF and its partners).
- Coordinate, assess and supervise the proper functioning of the medical activities, according to MSF protocols and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions.
- Check all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow are correctly carried out according to MSF procedures.
- Prepare the medical orders needed to implement the medical activitie(s) under his/her responsibility, and identifies non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.), reporting them to the line manager.
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff of the activity in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, and to improve people capabilities.
- Coordinate and monitor the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves). Replaces a doctor if necessary and participates in shifts.
- Ensure an efficient pharmacy and medical equipment management and monitor the rational use of them.
- Participate in the project follow-up, supervise and ensure that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved and report to the technical referent any problem arising in the service.
- Participates in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.) and definition of annual planning, budget for the project.
- Communicates regularly with the network of external medical actors. Actively seeks new co-operations, as needed to meet patients’ needs.
- Contributes to the development of know-how by researching relevant literature and tools and introducing these to the team.
- Exchanges regularly with peers in other MSF projects for victims of torture and cooperates with them to improve MSF’s understanding and capacity to address victims of torture medical and more comprehensive rehabilitation needs.
-Essential Medical Doctor Diploma.
-Desirable specialization or training in public health or refugee health.
-Essential minimum 2 years experience as a coordinator/supervisor in medical activities related jobs.
-Essential working experience in MSF or other NGO’s working with migrants/refugees or victims of torture.
- Languages: Greek and English essential, French is an asset.
- Knowledge: Computer literacy essential
- Teamwork, intercultural sensitivity, flexibility are essential.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations and victims of violence is an asset.
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English quoting reference code «MAM» in the subject line of the e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 28/08/2016
All applications will be treated in strictest confidentiality
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted