Athens – The Racist Violence Recording Network is organizing a Press Conference for the presentation of its findings based on the recordings of 2016.
The Press Conference will take place on Tuesday, 4 April 2017, at 12:00 p.m., Journalists’ Union of Athens Daily Newspapers – ESIEA (20, Akadimias str., 1st floor)
- Maria Yannakaki, General Secretary for Transparency and Human Rights
- Georgios Stavropoulos, President, National Commission for Human Rights, Honorary Vice President of the Administrative Supreme Court
Presentation of the 2016 Annual Report
- Tina Stavrinaki, Assistant Coordinator, Racist Violence Recording Network
- Vassiliki Georgiadou, Associate Professor, Panteion University. «Violent xenophobia during the crisis»
- Yannis Stevis, Journalist, Astraparis.gr – Chios News Online. «Solidarity spirit: the process of change»
- Eleni Karayanni, Artist – Art Teacher, Coordinator of Refugees’ Education – Refugee Accommodation Center of Schisto. «The integration of refugee children in the education system: a stress test for the Greek society?»
- Evi Spinou, Psychologist, Colour Youth Athens, LGBTQ Community. «Homophobic and transphobic violence: trauma management and victims’ empowerment»
The discussion will be coordinated by Giorgos Tsarbopoulos, UNHCR Greece.
For further information, please contact: Tina Stavrinaki, 210.7233216, racistviolence[at]nchr.gr
Note: Simultaneous interpretation will not be provided.
The Racist Violence Recording Network was created in 2011 by UNHCR Greece and the National Commission for Human Rights. RVRN Members: Act Up Hellas, Aitima, Amnesty International, Antigoni – Information and Documentation Centre on Racism, Arsis, Asante, Association of Afghans United In Greece, Association of Social Workers of Greece, «Babel» Day Center, Caritas Athens, Caritas Hellas, Center for the Support of Repatriated and Migrants – Ecumenical Refugee Program, Colour Youth – LGBTQ Youth Community of Athens, Doctors of the World (MdM), Forum of Migrants in Crete, Generation 2.0 Red, Greek Association of Social Workers, Greek Council for Refugees, Greek Forum of Migrants, Greek Forum of Refugees, Greek Helsinki Monitor, Greek Transgender Support Association, Group of Lawyers for the Rights of Refugees and Migrants, Group of Lawyers for the Support of Refugee and Migrant Rights (Thessaloniki), Hellenic Action for Human Rights – Pleiades, Hellenic League for Human Rights, Hellenic Red Cross, Homosexual and Lesbian Community of Greece, Human Rights Commission of the Bar Association of Rhodes, Initiative for the Rights of Prisoners, LATHRA? – Solidarity Committee for Chios refugees, Medical Intervention, METAction, Action for Migration and Development, Network for the Support of Refugee and Migrant Rights (Patras), Network for the Social Support of Refugees and Migrants, Positive Voice, PRAKSIS, Rainbow Families, Solidarity Now, World Without War and Violence.